Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Nappies

Learn More

Lactose overload Rss

I think my 7 week old may suffer from lactose overload.
He feeds every 1.5-2 hours during the day both sides for roughly 10 mins eaxh side. He then sleep for 9 hours at night.
However the issue is with his bowl movements. His poo is green and mucusy and he does about 5 of them a day.
Everything I have read about lactose overload says babies can miserable but he is not and is also putting on weight like crazy!!
Is anyone else in the same boat and if they are do u think its lactose overload or something else??
Hi, congrats on the new baby. you might be making too much milk. I had a similar situation and basically I stopped expressing & fed on one breast at a time til empty & if the other was too full id express a little (10-20ml) for relief. I was told it was an imbalance in foremilk vs hindmilk. Bubs was mostly getting the watery stuff. I was probably over feeding aswell which by sticking to the one boob cut down how much he was getting because looking back I don't even think he was hungry, just comfort nursing.
It will settle down. Took me about 3 months & multiple bouts of mastitis! Now I'm a pro!
Agree completely with Fudge8, you might be making too much milk. I'm 9 weeks in and still have an over supply. I found it helps her if I feed her from one side only until I feel empty before changing which side she is on. Usually thayt meant changing sides once every 3 hours.

If you feel extremely uncomfortable due to engorgement, as much as it hurts try not to express too much. Usuallly after a longer sleep (5 hours if I'm lucky), I found it to be painful so on the opposite breast (the side not being fed on yet), after the first burping, I'd put her on that side to encourage the let down and then take her off. I would have a container handy to catch all the spraying milk. This should release some of the pressure without encouraging your body to make more milk.
Hello, congratulations on the new baby. you might be making too much milk. I had a similar situation. basically I stopped expressing & fed on one breast at a time til empty . if the other was too full i would express a little (10-20ml) for relief. I was told it was an imbalance in foremilk vs hindmilk. Bubs was mostly getting the watery stuff. I was probably over feeding as well which by sticking to the one boob cut down how much he was getting because looking back I don't even think he was hungry, just comfort nursing.
It will settle down. don't worry.Also I would have a container handy to catch all the spraying milk. This should release some of the pressure without encouraging your body to make more milk. it will get better for you.
Hi there, this is janny. I hope that you are doing well. Congrats on your new baby. One of my friends had a problem similar to you and her doc told her that she is making too much milk. There comes imbalance. You must change side every 2-3 hours. This will be good. Hope you overcome this situation really soon. Keep updating. Best of luck.
good piece of information. This must be a very good news for people living in London. The Biotexcom clinic is providing their best services regarding Surrogacy and IVF. The rate of clinics success stories is high. They are arranging an open session in London nearly the middle of August. They'll answer all the question you have regarding infertility and surrogacy. Hope you don't miss this chance. So don't waste time and register yourself first. All of your confusion will be cleared out. Good luck.
Sign in to follow this topic