Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Planning for Pregnancy
  5. I'm probably just young and stupid

I'm probably just young and stupid Rss

Earlier this week I got to see my beautiful god daughter but her family is turbulent but after seeing her my motherly instincts kicked in and after she left I ended up feeling sad and lonely.
At 21 I know I probably won't fall pregnant anytime soon but I feel like my biological clock is ticking. I'm worried that I'm going to go through menopause early like my mum and I don't want that, I want children. Two years ago I was also diagnosed with Endometriosis which is also worrying with the possibility of infertility it may cause. I also know that if I was to become a single mum by choice it would affect my family life since I live with both my mum and dad in a non smoke free home, mum is also a carer of an elderly man and I rely on my mum for everything.
I guess this is more of a call for more opinions on my age or if what happened to my mum will happen to me because it scares me.
Thanks for listening.
Hey hun!

I’m very much in the same situation, I’m 22 years old, endometriosis, with a huge motherly instinct that I can’t shake. The only difference is that I don’t live with my parents now. My partner and I have agreed to start trying for a multitude of reasons.

Do I think you’re too young? Simply, no but it all depends on your maturity level. You have to ask yourself, are you ready? Are you financially stable, or are you dependent on someone? Are you ready to accept another who will be dependent on you, who will need you?

I have no issues with an unplanned pregnancy, but when you’re wanting to try, you really to need to think long and hard about it, not just over night. Is it the right time, am I able to support a child, etc. It’s not something to consider lightly or go out on a whim and do it.

Please think about it. Although I’m not a mother yet, I spent my early teenage years looking after my mums absent friends children, day and night, I loved them.
The way I wanna go is going to be more expensive in itself because of my lack of wanting sex in anyway. As for being mature enough I sometimes am but I don't know how I would react to looking after a baby 24/7.
I would need a real support system than I have now because I think my dad believes I'm joking about wanting a child and my mum seems to kind of understand but she may also be going you act like a child at times you can't look after a baby.
I should probably wait until I'm more stable and have a good support system.
TheMadHale wrote:
The way I wanna go is going to be more expensive in itself because of my lack of wanting sex in anyway. As for being mature enough I sometimes am but I don't know how I would react to looking after a baby 24/7.
I would need a real support system than I have now because I think my dad believes I'm joking about wanting a child and my mum seems to kind of understand but she may also be going you act like a child at times you can't look after a baby.
I should probably wait until I'm more stable and have a good support system.

A good support system is needed. Looking after a baby 24/7 can be stressful despite all the positives about it. Everyone has days where they act a bit childish, no one can deny it. It sounds like you have your head screwed on but a bit hesitant, which is totally understandable! I suggest waiting, if you’re a bit iffy now about it, then it might not be the right time for you!

Much love!
Sign in to follow this topic