Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. 8weeks pregnant by LMP dating scan showed I’m 5wks!?!

8weeks pregnant by LMP dating scan showed I’m 5wks!?! Rss

Hi

This is my 4th pregnancy
And I had my last period on 19/3/18
On 12/4/18 I had a very light pink bleed then light brown for 4 days on and off and on 16/4/18 I had a positive pregnancy test very positive wasn’t faint at all

I’ve just had my dating scan today 16/5/18 and it showed a normal pregnancy of 5weeks 3days !?!? She said she couldn’t see a heart beat but not unusual when I’m apparently only 5 weeks
When she realised I thought I was 8weeks she told me that it’s very strange !
Because 4weeks ago I got a positive pregnancy test so how can I be only 5weeks !

Still waiting to hear from doctor but I know they may leave me 2 weeks before they do another scan

I’ve had no pain or anything ! The only thing I have had is bad bloating and I feel gastro sick through the night sometimes

Has anyone else experienced this strange dating or miscarried been the result??
Hi there,

When I went to the doctor (thinking I had a stomach bug) and then found out I was pregnant they originally thought I was 12 weeks (based on First date of Last period) so sent me for a dating scan straight away but dating scan showed I was only 8.5 weeks.

My 12 week scan also confirmed the dating scan due date.
Oh really
It’s interesting isn’t it
The only thing that makes
Me wonder is the pregnancy test !
As I took it 4 weeks ago got a positive but I’m only 5-6weeks pregnant now ???
Yip, it is interesting.
The dating from LMP date is really just an estimate, the scan is more likely to be correct.
I don't trust pregnancy tests now as I took one the week before I went to the Doctor with my "stomach bug" and it was negative hence why I just thought I had a stomach bug, but fortunately the Doctor did bloods to check and then dating scan the same week and well here I am now at 14.5 weeks.
At this stage my doctor said it’s unlikely it will be good news and more then likely it has stopped growing
I have had a blood test to check my hcg levels today
I actually took three pregnancy test that week 4 weeks ago so it was definitely a positive result

But we will still see
Sometimes miracles happen
When I went to the doctor (thinking I had a stomach bug) and then found out I was pregnant they originally thought I was 12 weeks (based on First date of Last period) so sent me for a dating scan straight away but dating scan showed I was only 8.5 weeks.My 12 week scan also confirmed the dating scan due date.
It is interesting.
The dating from LMP date is really just an estimate, the scan is more likely to be correct.
I don't trust pregnancy tests now as I took one the week before I went to the Doctor with my "stomach bug" and it was negative hence why I just thought I had a stomach bug, but fortunately the Doctor did types of blood to check and then dating scan the same week and well here I am now at 14.5 weeks.
I have another scan tomorrow to check if a fetal pole has grown
I don’t have any sickness at all now really which is a concern I suppose but I do have tender breasts
My hcg level was 41900 last week so it’s quiet high
But tomorrow will be the decider !
From what I have read on other forums the pregnancy tests can work quiet early maybe explaining I am not as far along as I thought and I got a very early 3x pregnancy tests

But I’ll post tomorrow what the scan outcome is
Racheliqua - just wondering why your posts on this thread are an exact copy of mine?
Mumof389 - I hope your scan went well for you? and that you're doing ok?
I had lost the baby
It stopped growing at 5 weeks and my gestational sac was 2 weeks behind
I am doing ok
I had lost the baby
It stopped growing at 5 weeks and my gestational sac was 2 weeks behind
I am doing ok
Sign in to follow this topic