Age: baby, parent
Skill for Bub: Making memories
Create a cool place to store all your baby memories!
While books and journals are a wonderful way to remember everything about your baby’s early months, there are some things that simply won’t fit into and onto the pages. Create a place to keep it all. You’ll need a lidded box that is larger than a shoebox but small enough to store on the closet shelf. Baby-themed wrapping paper is a simple but effective way to decorate the exterior. You also can paint, draw or create a collage of baby photos on the box. Inside, place the mementos you have gathered since the beginning of your pregnancy. Here are some items you might include:
- A picture of or the actual positive pregnancy test (no, it doesn’t smell, and it’s not as gross as it sounds!).
- Ultrasound videotapes or photos.
- A pregnancy journal.
- A favorite piece of maternity clothing.
- Hospital bracelets.
- Garments or blankets worn by Baby after birth.
- Photographs and videotapes of the birth.
- Congratulatory cards.
- Baby’s christening apparel.
- Baby’s first shoes.