Huggies Forum

Huggies® Ultimate
Newborn Nappies

Learn More
The Huggies Forum is closed for new replies and topics, you can still read older topics.
  1. home
  2. Baby Forum
  3. Pregnancy & Birth
  4. Your Pregnancy
  5. has anyone ever secretly found out the sex of their baby

has anyone ever secretly found out the sex of their baby Lock Rss

we are expecting baby number 3 in December and have decided not to find out the sex of the baby. But...... I am trying to organise my house, and I'm trying to get rid of all of these boxes of baby clothes. some of them are so cute that I would use them again if only I knew the gender.

I would like to have a "surprise", but i have to move my kids into one room etc, and would love to be really organised. I can't keep these clothes anymore, they literally take up 3 out of our 4 wardrobes! blink

Has anyone found out the sex of their baby without anyone knowing?
I haven't personally, well I found out and DP didn't want to know but I told our family members as they knew to keep it from him- he ended up tricking me into tell him lol

I do know of heaps of people that have found out and kept it to themselves though smile and a friend accidentally found out (they didn't want to know) and she kept it to herself well besides telling me lol so that her DF could still have the surprise

I haven't personally, well I found out and DP didn't want to know but I told our family members as they knew to keep it from him- he ended up tricking me into tell him lol

I do know of heaps of people that have found out and kept it to themselves though smile and a friend accidentally found out (they didn't want to know) and she kept it to herself well besides telling me lol so that her DF could still have the surprise

i would feel too sly , I think. Maybe I'll have to really think about it, but I would tell him that i am finding out, and it's up to him if he wants to know.

I'm quite curious as to see if anyone has found out, and successfully kept it a secret. Would be a hard task.
We are expecting our 3rd in July and we are the only ones who know the sex.

You will find that when people know that you know they will try to get it out of you and make you slip up so best not to tell anyone that you know. We have also found alot of people dont want us to tell them.

I am about to paint the bedroom in a colour that will scream the babies sex so I will have to be careful to keep the door closed and make sure I dont have paint on my clothes if people turn up unexpectedly.

But overall its been pretty easy to keep the secret.

Julia (14yrs), Cooper (6yrs) & Amarlia (14 months)

DH and I found out the sex with baby number 2 and didn't tell anyone.
We were determined from the start that that was what we were going to do, so I found it quite easy to keep the secret.

I really liked doing it like that and would do it again if I was to have another.

we found out with DD and only DH and myself knew. Our parents were going crazy with them knowing we knew but were not telling them. But honestly, we just didn't trust them not to tell people! They already told people I was pregnant when we told them to wait until the end of the first trimester! Next time around, our parents are only going to find out I'm pregnant a couple of weeks before everyone can know!
I'm quite curious as to see if anyone has found out, and successfully kept it a secret. Would be a hard task

Yep my DF found out the sex of DS1 during my 20wk scan and kept it all to himself!! He never even let on in any way that he knew...and to be honest I'm buggered if I know how he managed it LOL

The fella doing the scan was having trouble getting measurements on one particular area so he told me to go to the loo and then come back as that usually makes bub move around enough to get the scan finished....little did I know that he asked DF if he wanted to know and when he said yes he then showed him the 'bits' LOL. I had no idea that he knew the entire time and he didn't tell me until after DS1 was born!!

DF wrote the sex down on a piece of paper and hid it under the TV in our bedroom....he didn't want to get too excited cos he knew scans can be wrong in regards to gender so he never said a word in case it was wrong and he got disappointed. Don't get me wrong, he didn't give a toss what sex we had as long as bubby was healthy and had all 10 fingers etc...but deep down he wanted a boy as we already had 3 girls between us.

HeartKids show courage, strength & tenacity

we found out with DS2 and didn't tell anyone else. it was hard, and a few times i accidentally said he instead of the baby/it, but i don't think anyone caught on.

MIL got really shirty at us early on because they went to phuket and she wanted to buy baby clothes. i kept saying she coudl get white/lime/lemon but that wasn't good enough. she came back with a dress for a 6 month old, i am sure just to spite me lol

my mum and sister kept begging for me to tell them, but i stood my ground and we kept it a secret.

it was nice to have a surprise for everyone when DS2 arrived.

we also kept names to ourselves (obviously we would have said male and female names to keep people guessing) because we had a few funny reactions to DS1's name (even though its completely normal lol)

Yeah my bro and his wife found out for both their kids but never let on to anyone else.
I haven't but thought i'd give the view of the other guy!

I don't really understand why people find out the sex and then don't tell others. If you don't want it to be a surprise to you, what makes you think others do? It's just annoying more than anything! It's your baby not mine so i don't have a preference either way but if you already know, then it would be nice to buy some gender appropriate clothing!

PS: I say you, not meaning you OP or anyone else, just meaning you in general, as in you people who find out the gender and then don't tell! Lol!

Your mind is a garden, your thoughts are the seeds,
You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.

Hi,
DH and I found out the sex of DS#1 and kept it a secret from everyone until the day he was born.
Our first born was a girl (she wouldn't show what she was inside me, so she was a suprise!!!) so I had to buy blue clothing for DS but made sure that as soon as I got home I put it straight away. When I was getting closer I made sure I washed all the clothes the day after the parents visited cause they usually only visit about once to twice a week, so I was pretty safe. I washed the beds sheets before I washed the baby clothes and hung them up on the outer most lines cause we live out in the country and the clothes line can be seen from the road and we know of some gossips that drive past and would have given it all away.lol.
With DS#2 we also found out and were keeping it a great secret and even DD kept it well until about 3 weeks before DS#2 was born. She just had to show her grandma what she had bought the new baby. Grandma later told me, Kellie said Mummy is having a boy but grandma wasn't aloud to tell anyone.
DD didn't even know until I started washing the clothes at about 35 weeks.
This time round we'll be finding out again, but I'll be washing the clothes when DD & DS#1 are at school. lol. DS#2 won't be giving it away cause he'll only be 22 months when this one is born.

Belinda

Hi, I found out with DS #1 and no-one not even my DH knew. Yep I managed to keep it a secret from EVERYONE !!!!! laugh My DH was not sure if he wanted to know or not and as you can't 'unknow' something I told him I would not tell him unless he was 100% sure. Our DS#1 was nicknamed 'bean' while he was 'cooking' so I just kept refering to him as that. I wanted something that only I knew about our baby that no-one else had , kind of somehting special just between him and I ( sounds silly I know).
Sign in to follow this topic